Tuesday, March 16, 2010

Beyonce Tries to Explain the Hot Mess That is "Telephone"


Last week Beyonce and Lady GaGa dropped their collaboration video for "Telephone". It was supposed to be epic and revolutionary. It was supposed to change pop culture as we know it. Instead, it raised a lot of eye brows. Well, Beyonce has taken it upon herself to explain the video, telling L.A. radio station Power 106:
“The video in a lot of ways is more about her even than it is about me. It was sort of a pop-art venture for me to bring her into my world in a way, the video is an attempt for her and I to erase pop music as we know it up until this very point. It’s meant to change the perspective of the world on what a pop music video should be and she’s kind of the vehicle for that. In reality, more people around the world are familiar with her aesthetics than they are with mine. It was something for me to kind of change the way that you see her for one video.”

Um....okay Bey. It really sounds like you were makin ish up as you went along cause I don't get it. How are you going to erase pop music as we know it...you're gonna get rid of MJ's legacy? I would've respected her a lot more had she just said they were trying too hard and she used her sexuality to get attention. If you forgot what the video was like, or haven't seen it....check it out:

No comments:

Post a Comment