Monday, March 8, 2010

The Oscars: Red Carpet Arrivals

As with every award show, there were hits and there were misses. Just which dresses were put into the two categories is in the eye of the beholder I suppose because the Twitter peanut gallery was split on many of these. Before I get to the dresses though, let me apologize to the fellas. Ya'll are not nearly as exciting as the ladies, so there's no "Males Red Carpet Arrivals"...throw on a kilt and I'll consider it next time. Without further delay, here are some of the most talked-about looks of the night.


This is probably the most talked-about look of the night. Zoe Saldana's Givenchy creation is the first of two love it or hate it looks. And, I am so torn. On the one hand she rocked it effortlessly and finished the look with purple suede Givenchy heels. Layers frills, a slit, a metallic strapless bodice together in one dress are a fashion risk that I'm not sure worked.


This was definitely another love it or hate it look. I personally wasn't crazy about it and thought it looked like bubble wrap. But a lot of people were diggin it. The Armani Prive' gown was a great match for Jenny's skin but, overall, I didn't love it.


Nicole Richie hit the red carpet in a metallic blue, black and silver design by Reem Acra. I found the look very Old Hollywood chic. Love the wide sleeves cause they give it a vintage feel.


I felt like Mo'nique played it safe in this classic look. However, Mo did impress me with her well-thought out speech. Although our Twitter peeps did notice two things. One, she didn't thank God. Two, she didn't thank Director Lee Daniels. Hm. Interesting.


Queen Latifah was the definition of elegance for me last night. From her hair and makeup to the lovely one shoulder gown by Badgley Mischka, everything was working in her favour.


Paula Patton in all her pregnant glow glory chose a vibrant orange dress. Paula is always very elegant and well put-together in my eyes.


I gotta admit, some of the outfits they put Gaborey Sidibe make me cringe. But last night she made a great choice by wearing this dress Marchesa and looked simply lovely.


Is Mimi trying to hide a tummy? Lots of pregnancy rumours flying around recently and she does look a bit thicker than usual.

2 comments:

  1. Not a fan of Mariah's dress. But Queen looks marvelous!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love Zoe's look. I think it's totally fab and different

    ReplyDelete