Thursday, June 24, 2010

Timbo & Dre Surprise High School Students



Don't you love when something really positive happens in hip-hop? I sure do. It gives me a warm feeling in my tummy. I got that warm feeling when I saw that Timbaland and Dr. Dre teamed up yesterday to surprise a group of high school graduates in California. The two made an appearance at a graduation party, compliments of Hewlett Packard and Interscope Records. The two companies are said to be working to improve sound quality through products such as Dre's “Beats By Dre” headphones.
While Dre didn't hit the stage and still claims to be working on "Detox", the Associated Press reports that Timbaland performed several songs including “The Way I Are” and “Say Something” sans Drake who was not in town for the performance.
The promotional event was recorded for a documentary and the students were given free food, and raffled for HP products.
The computer company also agreed to donate $10,000 worth of computer equipment to the school.

Photos: Associated Press

No comments:

Post a Comment