Tuesday, August 31, 2010

Exploring the Journey of Women in Hip-Hop


I remember being in my 3rd year of university and taking an online journalism course. One of our assignments was to create an online article, complete with links, images, media players, etc. I chose to write about females' journey in hip-hop. I started the article drawing an image of Lil Kim and then documenting the evolution from the UNITY days of Latifah and those before her to the breast and ass-baring days of Lil Kim and Foxy Brown.
This BET documentary "My Mic Sounds Nice: A Truth About Female in Hip-Hop" is my article, on film and it makes me smile. Well, not MY article, but the same idea....oh you know what I mean. It's a great expose of the struggles of women, the history and the speculation as to why female emcees appear to be a dying breed. Nicely done BET.


2183215949
Uploaded by yardie4lifever2. - More video blogs and vloggers.

2183222829
Uploaded by yardie4lifever2. - Discover more webcam videos and video blogs.

2183222829x
Uploaded by yardie4lifever2. - Explore international webcam videos.

1 comment: