Friday, June 11, 2010

Lil Kim Explains Nicki Minaj Beef


As we all know, Lil Kim has been dissin Nicki Minaj, A LOT lately. The other day she even said that there was more to come. And today we got just that.
In an interview with Thisis50.com, Lil Kim explained what her beef really is. Here's an excerpt. Check for the full audio below.

“For the last year she has been subliminally taken shots at me, subliminally taken shots at the other girls in the industry. I mean come on, we read that interview where she said “Being that the other rap chicks in the game ain’t got sh*t to do right now, when I’m by the pool they can feed me grapes”. I remember that sh*t, I keep my ears to the street at all the time. Just because I do my Hollywood thing and you know my Malibu Barbie thing don’t mean my ear isn’t to the streets at all time. The last thing she did that was very subliminal “Did I [inaudible] the Queen?” and Puffy sitting right next to her riding with that bullsh*t?” Come on! We ain’t stupid....

So a little while goes by, I see her at the Lil Wayne concert and I show her love. She sitting here saying she showed me love, I showed her love. She reciprocated it but it was a little war on her behalf. A little obnoxious but whatever. Now from that time on, right, I would go on the internet and see little pebbles thrown my way. Anybody that’s in the hip-hop industry, we know how this game go. We know the sh*t she was saying was subliminal, we know it’s a competitive sport and little people are going to try to claim their spot....

My thing was, homegirl got a nice little buzz going. It’s obvious I’m who she wants to be like. It’s obvious that she likes me and wants to be like me but she’s not paying this homage
.

5 comments:

  1. Are the things she's saying fact or assumption?

    ReplyDelete
  2. i dont consider this beef...wack wack wack!!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. i say shes right shawty came up lookin and doin things lil kim did when she came up with big

    ReplyDelete
  4. I agree with Kim. It's true. I mean, I coulda called that whole mimicing thing from jump street. There are a lot of similarities and Nicki knows that I'm sure.

    Best thing for her to do is stay on the good side of the early birds (Kim, Foxxy, Rah Digga etc etc).

    Thats the thing about today, new artists don't care about the founders of the game. They act like they are the originators. Sure your lyrics might be different but the flow, the swag, the traits have already been televised.

    Give credit where it's due.

    Get her Kim!

    ReplyDelete