Sunday, July 26, 2009

Drake On Jay-Z's "Run This Town"


According to Theboombox.com Drake wasn't surprised that Jay-Z's first single wasn't a track he was featured on, despite numerous blog reports that Jay had dissed him in favour of Rihanna and Kayne.

"I don't know who came up with that rumor to be honest, but I always knew what Jay's first single was going to be," the Toronto MC told the BoomBox. "Me and Jay did a lot of work together. Maybe at one point he was considering doing it and someone got over-excited and put out a press release that I was going to be on the first single."

So what does Drake, who is working on his Young Money/Universal Republic studio debut 'Thank Me Later' think about the chest-beating track? "I think Jay made a great choice," he says. "I think the 'Run This Town' song is phenomenal. I think Kanye kills that shit. I actually heard that song when it was a Rihanna track."

As for now, Drake is optimistic that he will still appear on Mr. Carter's upcoming September 11 release. "I had a conversation about it a couple of days ago," Drake says of his studio work with the Jigga man. "We have more than one record to pick from. Jay-Z is one of those guys that's just too good. I would be definitely disappointed if I wasn't on it. I think it's going to be a legendary project. I have my fingers crossed."

Source: Theboombox.com
Photo by: Ajani Charles of Ajani Photography

No comments:

Post a Comment