Tuesday, March 2, 2010

Guru Recovering After Surgery



I have a beef. No seriously. My beef is with bloggers, even though I run a blog in conjunction with the magazine. Last night on Twitter, after a random blogger tweeted "RIP Guru" the whole of Twitter jumped on the message without any type of confirmation of death. In my attempt to find the source of the message I tweeted at a bunch of people but no one could point to their source. This lead me to BlackBerry Messenger where I hit up a person who sent out an RIP broadcast message, he told me his sources to which I replied, "What is their relationship to Guru's camp?" He couldn't tell me. The point? Guru in fact had not passed away. He underwent surgery and is recovering today, according to Preemo. To go live with a message that someone had passed away without confirmation is in bad taste and sends out terrible energy. It also goes to show that when you're looking at a blog, you should question where the person got his or her information. Let's keep Guru in our prayers and wish him a speedy recovery.

1 comment: