Monday, March 22, 2010

India.Arie Sounds off About "Telephone"


India.Arie took to her Twitter over the weekend to voice her opinion on the Beyonce/ Lady Gaga collabo for "Telephone". She isn't happy with the naked imagery and how the video disregards social responsibility. Check out some of the tweets and then enlarge the bottom 2 images to see the full array of Tweets.
Don’t be offended this is all MY opinion… Am I the only one who thinks the “Telephone” video is going a bit too far?

I’m not referring to the abstract nature of the video … I’m talking about the IMAGERY – the unspoken back story, the language the message

I agree gaga is being her image .. I dig her creative mind But still … There’s a such thing as socially irresponsible… I’m just sayin.

Its not long before somebody does a straight NAKED video. Not like Alanis morrisette “thank you india” like NAKED dancing around. LOL hahaha

Let’s be CLEAR! I know it gaga M.O. – I don’t live under a rock. And I get that a lot of work put into it. I’m talking social responsibility

There’s an artist ever 10 years who pushes the envelope … but its bout to fall off the Table. When is it too far?

I respect the creative mind but disagree with the “choices” as a dish meant to be served for mass consumption ..

Crazy to me that the Dark, underbelly, so shock at all cost thing is a TREND like asymetrical hair and big shoulder jackets .Slippery slope!




2 comments: