Wednesday, June 16, 2010

Drizzy Shuts It Down...Literally



Although Toronto fans were not too happy with the fact that Drizzy Drake wasn't at home for his big day (unless you're living under a rock, his album dropped yesterday), there was nothing they could do it about it. That's because Drake was in New York City, maybe he wanted to be closer to Weezy. Just saying. Anyways, Drake was set to perform for free at South Street Seaport. But the shindig turned into a mini riot before Drake even arrived. After an hour and a half of kids standing on top of each other with no action or no music playin’, things were bound to go left. The police had to shut down the concert. Here's what Drake had to say:
“I am humbled by the crowd that showed up in support of my performance and the release of Thank Me Later. I love performing for my fans but unfortunately the show was canceled by the NYPD due to over crowding, leaving me without the chance to give my fans a real show. I’m thankful for the support that the fans have been giving me… I thank you now.”

Check out some video of the incident:

Here's another one of chair-throwing. Chair-throwing? REALLY? SMH.

1 comment:

  1. Maybe they were all there for the Hanson Brothers. Mmmmbop

    ReplyDelete