Monday, February 1, 2010

Ever Wonder Why They Don't Air The Rap Categories...



I think I just threw up in my mouth a little. Now, I gotta admit, I was a bit upset when I realized that they aired the "Best Comedy Album" category but only ONE rap category. And then I saw this photo....and I just had to SMH. Now, all jokes aside, it's really not cool, in my eyes, that the "urban" genre is SO huge in today's music industry but doesn't get any mainstream telecast shine from the Grammys. *sigh* C'mon son. Anyways, here's a list of the winners:

*Best Rap Solo Performance: Jay for "D.O.A."
*Best Rap Performance by a Duo or Group: Eminem, Dr. Dre and 50 Cent for "Crack a Bottle"
*Best Rap/Sung Collabo: Jay-Z, Kayne West and Rihanna for "Run This Town"
*Best Rap Song: Jay-Z, Rihanna and Kayne West for "Run This Town"
*Best Rap Album: Eminem for "Relapse"

Congrats to Jay-Z for basically cleaning out the entire category. *cough* Illuminati *cough*. I kid, well deserved. By the way, as you're reading this, you will realize you don't see Drake's name. Even though he didn't win in either of his categories, he still made Toronto very, very proud. We're sure 2011 will bring a Grammy Drake's way.

2 comments: