Tuesday, April 20, 2010

R.I.P. Guru


Sad news is coming outta the hip-hop scene today. Keith Edward Elam, better known as Guru from the hip hop duo Gang Starr, died on April 19 after a long battle with cancer. He was 43. Guru wrote a letter for his fans while in the hospital, according to his collaborating partner Solar:
"I, Guru, am writing this letter to my fans, friends and loved ones around the world. I have had a long battle with cancer and have succumbed to the disease. I have suffered with this illness for over a year. I have exhausted all medical options. I have a non-profit organization called Each One Counts dedicated to carrying on my charitable work on behalf of abused and disadvantaged children from around the world and also to educate and research a cure for this terrible disease that took my life. I write this with tears in my eyes, not of sorrow but of joy for what a wonderful life I have enjoyed and how many great people I have had the pleasure of meeting," said the statement released by Solar.

With all the drama surrounding Solar before Guru's passing, Im not sure how much of the letter I believe except that he relly is gone. RIP Guru, you will be missed.

No comments:

Post a Comment