Monday, December 14, 2009

The Dream Pulls a Kanye


R&B singer, The Dream took to Twitter to ran about not getting a Grammy nomination.....

“Isn’t it funny the best album of 2009 didn’t get a nomination for the second year strait,” he wrote in a string of tweets. “And this ain’t no Kanye sh– … and yes I am bitchin.”

“I had to let ‘em know it wasn’t all to the good. I wasn’t just chillin’. The people that follow me, they really care about the movement. Not just me, there’s a lot of great people doing great things all the time and they get looked over. That’s why I put the thing about Kanye. I’m not on no Kanye, but when you bust your ass and you know you bust your ass and you don’t get a look, then you’re looking at people funny.”

“I was not expecting it, but I was expecting it, if that makes sense,” he explained. “It was like, ‘Let’s see if some bullsh– happens again.’ I didn’t get nominated last year for Love Hate. Man, I’m black. I’m paranoid, I already expect bullsh– anyway. When I see the names nominated, I’m saying, ‘Are you saying my name don’t belong with the people in this category?’ Come on, man. Somebody isn’t listening.”

“I almost forgot the Producer Of The Year. To not be in that category is crazy,” Dream added. “Nobody released more titles. It’s not even close. It’s not even close, dude. We’re doing albums over here.”

“And it’s the Grammys, man. You look at it from a kid’s standpoint: When you’re growing up, it means so much. Even if it’s not about record sales, singles, the Grammys always pull out the best sh–. I don’t think that happens now.”

“Everybody is saying I should go out and market for it, but I don’t wanna use that power of the strength of my building to win something. I should be able to get nominated or be able to win based off the strength of music – if we’re talking about the best music. If it’s a popularity contest, let’s just say it’s a popularity contest.”

No comments:

Post a Comment